Job DescriptionJob Title:
Physical Therapist, Casual (Bedford Memorial)Job ID:
UPMC Centers for Rehab ServicesDepartment:
, Bedford PA DescriptionUPMC Centers for Rehab Services is currently hiring a casual Physical Therapist to support Bedford Memorial, located in Bedford, PA. The candidate will work a minimum of two weekend days per month, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to apply!Purpose:
Provides physical therapy evaluation and treatment on patients referred to non-contracted and contracted facilities of Centers for Rehab Services.Responsibilities:
- Communicates patient's status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- May serves as a clinical instructor for physical therapy students as well as residents and fellows in a specialty area of physical therapy.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Performs physical therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises physical therapist assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of physical therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient's response to treatment and/or changes in patient's status. Works PTAs to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Maintains written documentation for all physical therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs physical therapist assistant documentation biweekly.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Physical Therapist (PT)Act 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesSalary Range:
- Graduate of an accredited program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.The Graduate Therapist is expected to:* Sit for the licensure exam at the soonest availability, not to exceed six months following onset of employment
$0 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555282331Posted: 2020-06-10