Job DescriptionJob Title:
CT TechnologistJob ID:
, Altoona PA Description
CT Scanner Department
1.0 Flex Full Time evening/night shift with rotation including weekends/holidays.
This is a union (AFSCME) position
Under the direction of a qualified radiologist, perform computed tomography exams at a technical level that does not require direct supervision. Assume responsibility of the CT department and the procedures that are being performed. Complete exams with documentation to be passed on to the radiologist for interpretation.Responsibilities:
- Practices sterile technique and prevents cross contamination.
- Complies with established occupational BBF and TB exposure policies.
- Transfers and positions patients while performing computed tomography examinations.
- Use of PACS.
- Use of the Radiology Information System.
- Station Medical Center CT staff is required to test glucose levels on PET/CT patient's pre and post scan.
- Provides immobilizing devices as required.
- Under the direction of a physician, technologist administers contrast media for CT examinations.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Responsible for the performance of routine special procedures.
- May be responsible for specific areas of instruction for ancillary personnel.
- Station Medical Center CT staff is required to run a creatinine point of care test on patients who meet the criteria for blood work prior to contrast injection.
- Staff is also required to perform daily QC on the I-Stat.
- Acquires and maintains skill level in venipuncture therapy in accordance with Department policy.
- Rotates within the department or other areas and by shift as required.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis. Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Supports department and hospital based CPI activities by actively participating in the CPI process.
- Develops film by means of a laser processor.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to adapt to clinical treatment and instructional aspect of care to all stages of the life cycle and to various states of health and disease.
- Maintains adequate records as directed on requisitions, etc.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness.
- Secures and returns supplies.
Education and Formal Training Required:
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of radiology technology.
- Must possess manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to adapt to all types of conditions of patients.
- Must successfully complete and maintain venipuncture therapy skills in accordance with department policy.
- Must be registered as a Radiology Technologist and possess 6 month's experience as a Radiology Technologist.
- Or must be a graduate of a CT Technologist program.
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Act 31 Child Abuse ReportingAct 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI ClearanceUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$0 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 555282360Posted: 2020-07-14