, a member of the Addus Homecare
family, provides unique opportunities to build a long lasting career in an extremely rewarding environment. We are seeking an outstanding, dedicated, CNA to help us in our Salem market.
The Hospice Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant is a paraprofessional member of the Interdisciplinary Group who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs various services for a patient as assigned to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. We provide care in the patient's home which may be a personal residence, group home, assisted living facility or skilled nursing facility.Specific responsibilities:
- Demonstrate exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers
- Perform personal care needs (includes baths, back rubs, oral care, shampoos and changing bed linens) of assigned patients
- Obtain patient vital signs and assist with patient toileting needs as assigned
- Perform light meal preparation and assist in feeding the patient as assigned
- Keep patient's living area clean and orderly
- Report on the patient's condition and noted changes to the RN Case Manager
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and other employees
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doingWhatever It Takes When It Matters The Most
There are many hospices, but only one Serenity Hospice
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
- At Serenity Hospice, you will enjoy an employment package that includes competitive pay and exceptional benefit offerings including:
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k with 6% Company Match
- Retirement Planning Services
- Metlife Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- LegalShield Legal Coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program with partnered product and service vendors
- Home/Auto Insurance discounts
- Paid Time off-vacation
- Paid Time off-Personal
- Paid Time off-Floating holidays
- and more!
At Serenity, we believe that no one dies alone, afraid, or in pain.Required Experience
- Licensed driver with good driving record and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state requirements.
- Must be able to read and write in English, and follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must have a current CNA license in the State of Oregon.
- Must successfully complete the agency competency evaluation.
- Must demonstrate ability to use electronic medical charting software.
- Able to cope with stressful situations.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
One year CNA experience preferred. Previous Home Health and/or Hospice experience preferred. Must be Certified Nursing Assistant from a State licensure program, and listed in good standing on the State registry. Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posting ID: 555282390Posted: 2020-05-27