STANLEY BLACK & DECKER
JOB SUMMARY CURRENT TITLE: Tax Manager - Planning & Controversy DEPT. NAME:Corporate TaxSUPERVISORS: Senior Tax Counsel LOCATION: New Britain, CT - World Headquarters
This position is responsible for assisting with the implementation of global tax planning initiatives, including fact and data gathering, due diligence, and tax research and analysis.
This position is also responsible for federal tax audit and controversy matters, including development and implementation of federal tax audit strategy, and management of the relationship and day-to-day interaction with the on-site Internal Revenue Service exam team. Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze and implement global tax planning initiatives, including applicable tax research, fact gathering, entity selection, group structure, treasury and cash management issues.
- Assist with preparing computations necessary to properly analyze various tax planning opportunities, including, but not limited to; foreign tax credits, earnings and profits and tax pools of foreign subsidiaries, book and tax basis calculations (for both stock and assets), foreign sourced income and related expense allocations, and the anticipated local foreign and U.S. tax impact of the intended transactions.
- Analyze the impact and develop strategies associated with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, in particular as relates to the foreign operations of U.S. multinationals, including GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Section 245A, and Section 163(j).
- Support the Company's business development agenda, including acquisitions and divestitures, by providing tax structuring, due diligence and other tax analysis and support.
- Support the Company's management and response to federal audits, including review of information document requests, drafting and coordinating responses to such IDRs, and evaluation of proposed adjustments and other positions put forth by IRS exam team.
- Preparation of analyses and written materials supporting U.S. federal tax return positions, including coordination and collaboration with corporate tax colleagues to ensure optimal understanding and presentation of positions.
- Ensure proper IRS audit practices and procedures are followed and all deadlines timely satisfied, including staying informed and current on any changes to IRS exam procedures.
- Collaborate with corporate tax team to provide feedback and insights on potential federal audit considerations associated with transactions and other tax positions.
- Serve as a technical resource for the corporate group, performing research on a variety of tax matters, and remaining current on latest tax statutory, regulatory, and judicial developments.
Primary contacts are members of the tax planning and controversy team, along with the broader U.S. and global tax team. Secondary contacts are business and operational teams, as well as corporate finance, treasury, legal and accounting personnel. Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other financial discipline
- CPA certificate, JD, or other advanced degree in taxation
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience, either in industry or with a law firm/public accounting firm
- Strong federal tax technical knowledge
- In-depth understanding of the principles of U.S. taxation of foreign operations, including GILTI, BEAT, FDII, Section 245A, and Section 163(j)
- Experience with non-U.S. tax jurisdictions and regimes
- Tax accounting knowledge and understanding of impact of tax on financial statements
- Understanding of treasury concepts
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Experience managing projects
- Self-motivated and effective working independently, with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with other individuals and teams throughout the tax and finance organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with enterprise software such as SAP or HFM is a plus
* * * *Requisition Number
Finance and Accounting City
New BritainEEO Statement
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Finance (Analysts, AP, Credit)
Posting ID: 555282559Posted: 2020-05-27