Provides direct and indirect patient care to the OB patient utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Meets the physical, psychosocial, religious/cultural and needs of the patient and family. Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team as appropriate about changes in the patient's condition or response to treatment. Basic PC skills. Able to work on smoke-free campus. Able to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
1. Performs duties as assigned and requested.
2. Completes patient assessments and reassessments
based on patient's condition, procedures, medications given and treatments.
3. Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain
4. Performs patient care and communicates effectively with patients of all ages and specific needs.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and the patient's clinical condition. Follows the 6 rights of medication administration to reduce the potential for medication errors.
6. Assists physicians with procedures and performs services requiring
technical and manual skills.
7. Performs treatments and provides services to the level of licensure.
8. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes
patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors.
9. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
10. Educates patient and family on disease process.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of fetal monitoring. Identifies FHR categories and treats appropriately.
12. Ability to assess presenting part, complete a cervical exam.
Require Required Education:
Associate's degree is required
Bachelor's degree is preferred
Registered Nurse in North Carolina is required (or compact state)
BLS is required
ACLS is required within 90 days of hire
NRP certification is required is required within 90 days of hire
1 year of experience in a health care OB/L&D/PP/Nursery setting is preferred
Posting ID: 555282793Posted: 2020-05-27