About the Job
The Senior Portfolio Manager provides relationship management support for a portfolio of clients and prospects of the Income Property Group (primarily professional commercial real estate owners, managers, investors and developers). Senior Portfolio Managers partner with Relationship Managers and Senior Bankers to provide comprehensive financial advice and solutions that enable the clients to meet their financial objectives and utilize the full breadth of the Bank's product platform. Senior Portfolio Managers help drive the financial performance of the team's revenue and risk management goals through portfolio management activities including credit facility underwriting and structuring, credit risk and exposure monitoring, file maintenance, on-going covenant compliance verification, business development and lending/sales support, and operational support.
Essential Job Functions
- Proactively manages the portfolio to both maximize profitability and ensure strong asset quality through consistent and timely identification and resolution of issues as well as accurate assessment and assignment of loan risk ratings.
- Assists and supports in structuring and facilitating credit and non-credit product delivery while demonstrating sound risk management and maximizing risk adjusted returns on shareholder capital (assess the materiality of risks and appropriately mitigate/match with transaction return expectations).
- Actively supports Key's asset generation strategy which balances risk and return. Supports the team's consultative process to deepen existing relationships, on-board new relationships and exit unprofitable relationships.
- Participates in client/prospect call preparation.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the clients and prospects. Establishes strong credibility with internal and external stakeholders (clients, colleagues, credit, and servicing) based on sound judgment and accurate and timely information sharing. Shares constructive and regular feedback with teammates and stakeholders.
- Partners effectively with Credit, Product Partners, Closers, Servicing, Technical Services, and other partners to identify cross-sell opportunities and deepen client relationships as well as solve internal obstacles and deliver a seamless execution.
- Provides in-depth concise analysis of business and personal financial statements, and identification of transaction strengths and weaknesses to inform the deal structures, pricing and terms.
- Delivers timely and accurate completion of write-ups, loan recommendations and structuring.
- Analyzes and underwrites construction and interim loans to the requirements as set forth by KeyCorp credit policy and LOB guidelines.
- Coordinates and completes annual reviews, loan renewals, quarterly portfolio reviews, and asset quality reports on a timely basis. Monitors assigned portfolio for adherence to approved loan requirements and manage past dues, requirement ticklers, portfolio follow-up, credit files, etc. Works with Client Servicing to facilitate completion of annual reviews and property inspections, monitoring of covenant compliance and other items to secure the Banks position and avoid potential losses.
- Identifies opportunities to provide the client with knowledge and access to the breadth of Key's product platform which includes: interim and permanent credit facilities, cash management, interest rate management, syndications, private equity, subordinated debt, deposits, leasing, private banking, equipment finance, etc.
- Participates in community and professional organizations which enhance our expertise and profile.
Required Qualifications - Senior Portfolio Manager
Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience
At least 3-5 years of commercial real estate underwriting and/or lending experience
Strong proficiency in MS Office suite, spreadsheets, Internet applications, and common business software
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal communications
Master of Business Administration
Broad knowledge of key product areas, such as interim and permanent credit facilities, cash management, interest rate management, syndications, private equity, subordinated debt, deposits, leasing, private banking, equipment finance, etc.
Experience in credit and/or workout teams FLSA STATUS:
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.