Job Description Lead Analyst, SOX Risks & Controls
in Cleveland,- Corporate OH at KeyBank JOB DESCRIPTION
This person is responsible for assisting in monitoring, identifying, implementing, and maintaining financial controls while also working to improve the operational effectiveness of processes within the scope of KeyCorp's Financial Risk Governance program. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Achieve Finance Group Objectives and assist in delivering value-added results to the Finance Organization
- Evaluate internal controls over financial reporting as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and FDICIA via:
- Walkthroughs to identify controls and/or control gaps,
- Evaluation of test of controls, and
- Research/Escalation to assess the level of deficiency as necessary
- Facilitate activities with third party auditors to aid in their completion of the attestation of internal controls via quality review of inputs and coordination of any non-routine issues through conclusion
- Assist in the completion of the comfort letter and 302 certification activities
- Assist in the development of the presentation to the Disclosure Committee
- Develop solutions to resolve control gaps identified as issues during audits over financial reporting (internal, external, regulatory)
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives and culture throughout Finance organization
- Create effective communication while building and sustaining collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Other Financial Risk Governance, continuous improvement projects/activities, and related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Comprehensive and current understanding of accounting and financial reporting obtained through work experience, relevant coursework, or internship.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO Framework requirements pertaining to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Knowledge of financial business processes to identify opportunities for control and process improvement; and of internal controls to ensure controls can be sustained by each process improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills (prioritization/time management; teamwork/collaboration, critical thinking, problem solving, etc.)
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- 1-3 years' work or internship experience in public accounting, audit or risk management. Banking or financial services industry a plus.
- Experience performing or evaluating processes related to internal controls, financial reporting, or audit
- IT/CIS background and/or experience a plus
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 555283235Posted: 2020-07-08