Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Cost Center:822502 MCRI-Res Computing and Analyt
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Work Shift:Mon-Fri; day shifts (United States of America)
Under the direction of senior personnel, the Programmer/Analyst is involved in most phases of the development process. This includes gathering specifications, creating and refining functionality specifications, conducting the analysis and design, programming, testing, documenting, assisting in implementation, and resolving of issues. The ability to work and thrive in a team environment is critical. EDUCATION For positions requiring education beyond a high school diploma or equivalent, educational qualifications must be from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education and Accreditation.Minimum Required:
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business or technical field required.Preferred/Optional:
Bachelor's degrees (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Math, Management Information Systems, or Web Development preferred. Formal education in C++, .NET, Web Development or Database Development.EXPERIENCEMinimum Required:
Applicable development experience in a work environment similar to that of Marshfield Clinic. Preferred/Optional:
Programming experience in C++, .NET, Web Development or Database Development preferred. Healthcare, insurance, accounting, or systems programming experience preferred. Development experience with Microsoft Windows, client/server systems in a high volume environment. CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
The following licensure(s), certification(s), registration(s), etc., are required for this position, which must be maintained in good standing:Preferred/Optional:
Microsoft Professional Developer certification.
Other areas of possible focus:
- Customized Research Application Software Design, System Engineering and Support
- MCRI's Big Data System Support including performance, critical infrastructure needs with Sequencing Instruments, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Shiny, Isilon, and High Performance Linux Computing Cluster.
- Instrument interfacing and interoperability
- Natural Language Processing
- Big Data Visualization
- Technical Consulting on Research and Administrative Projects
- Administrative Research System Development and Support
- Applied Use of Technology
- Project planning, design, implementation and testing
- Collaboration with other diverse groups.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable and compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.Exclusion From Federal Programs: Employee may not at any time have been or be excluded from participation in any federally funded program, including Medicare and Medicaid. This is a condition of employment. Employee must immediately notify his/her manager or the Health System's Compliance Officer if he/she is threatened with exclusion or becomes excluded from any federally funded program.Marshfield Clinic Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Encryption, de-identification, obfuscation, logging and data transmission services.
- HUB/Collaboration Identity Management
- Internal and External Systems Integration
- Registry Systems Integration and Development
- Research Level Helpline Support
- Creating a MasterData infrastructure which can be utilized my many applications in order to support many disparate data sources
- Integration of third party research data and software with Research Data
- Proposal Review Including Methodology
- Data Modeling
- Involved in Longitudinal Trend Analysis
- Greater breadth of scientific project knowledge and responsibilities
- Collaborative and Scientific IT Project Management
- PIs about HIPAA, HITECH security, best practices, procedures, IRB approval data sharing, forms etc.
- Scientific Technology Focus
- Python, SAS, C#, c++, T-SQL, YAP, etc.) and tools (i2b2, OHDSI, Knime, etc.)
- Machine learning, Pharmacogenetics, natural language processing, and big data frameworks.
- Oontology creation and management
- Author and co-author publications, presentations and workshops