The Leader of Product, is responsible for defining and delivering the product portfolio to enable business, customer, and clinical success for primary business segments within the McKesson Specialty Provider Organization.
The Leader delivers value by leading a critical business function that:
- Is accountable for ensuring business success of product strategic initiatives
- Defines and aligns product and portfolio strategy to support multiple business stakeholders, respond to customer needs, and deliver on BU and enterprise strategic imperatives
- Coordinating portfolio strategies and investments across US Oncology, Onmark, and other specialty segments
- Establishes and manages processes to coordinate business prioritization and development or partnership approach;
- Creates and manages partnerships with McKesson and external partners, including definition of terms and support models
- Coordinates with finance and stakeholder teams to align resources and priorities, including development of capital requests and business case development
- Drives execution in collaboration with development, operations, sales and marketing teams
- Provides thought leadership and ensures product transparency to internal and external customers
- Managing product lifecycle through ongoing customer engagement and feedback, pilot program design and execution, program launch, and sunset decision-making
Product portfolio under management/coordination by the team includes (but is not limited to) ~8 internally-developed solutions supported by the McKesson Technology Solutions team, ~5 products from other McKesson segments, and ~5 third-party partners. Key Responsibilities:1.
Establish and maintain coordinated product portfolios to support Specialty Provider businesses through engagement with customer and internal leadership2.
Monitor and manage ongoing prioritization and execution of strategy through matrixed leadership of Product Management and Product Development teams, and continued coordination with executive leadership3.
Develop strategic partnerships - balancing immediate business needs with implications across product portfolio, MSPO, and enterprise objectives4.
Iterate, validate, communicate product priorities and timelines with customers and customer-facing organizations through direct engagement and coordination of customer forums, ad boards, etc. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Administration, Communications, or a related discipline required.
- Masters or advanced degree in health, business, or technology related discipline required
- M.D. or Ph.D. in health sciences related discipline a plus
- 10 years experience in health care, including experience in:
- Oncology or specialty provider sales/operations
- Key specialty health trends - e.g. value-based care, Precision Medicine, Patient engagement
- 7 years experience managing P&L / budget for team
- 5 years experience in product strategy, software development, or product management
- Technology and service sales to physicians and senior leadership
- Understanding of MSPO and enterprise financial and strategic drivers
- Expertise structuring partner relationships and navigating business and legal processes related to partner activities
- Strength in understanding and influencing senior leadership
- Collaborative and creative approaches to managing conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated leadership through direct and matrixed relationships
- Understanding of technology product lifecycle and development processes, ideally in agile product delivery environment
- Demonstrated strengths in communicate complex concepts and business models to variety of internal and customer stakeholders
- Occasional travel - up to 30% to lead business partner and development opportunities, internal development and collaboration meetings, customer sales and partnerships
Career level: M6
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Position DOES NOT provide relocation assistance McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!