McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision -that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This position can be performed remotely. Current Need
- Responsible for operational execution of the projects in the research business, including clinical research and retrospective outcomes research, currently a $100M revenue/year business within McKesson Specialty Health. Today, this represents over 300 active projects, with approximately 80 - 100 new projects a year.
- Responsible to serve as the expert in the organization related to operational discussions with customers (manufacturers) including active participation in leadership meetings conducted with customers.
- Responsible for scientific and operational review of projects in order to make decision for which projects to accept and move forward with a fit for our business.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with MSH cross-functional teams (i.e. finance, legal, and regulatory, others) in order to drive timely and quality project delivery.
- Responsible for a team of 40 people, the project management team in the research services organization, which represents the Site Management Organization projects, the HEOR projects, and the CRO services.
- Assists in developing and executing on the long-term vision for research execution and growth opportunities.
- Overall responsibility to lead project management operations of the research business with responsibility for scientific and operational review and oversight of this function in the organization.
- Nurtures relationships with the Key Manufacturers and Stakeholders at the Practices in partnership with the Director of Business Development & Director of Site Services.
- Drives cycle time, quality execution, and process consistency in the core operations.
- Works collaboratively with other MSH stakeholders in order to align and maintain processes, maximize efficiencies, and foster a culture of teamwork.
- Supports strategic initiatives in the organization including building a stronger culture of research.
- Manages and supports a team of 4-8 direct reports.
- Reports to the Chief Scientific Officer
8+ years specific healthcare and/or systems-related experience including 7+ years managerial experience Critical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in clinical drug development, investigational pharmaceutical research, and health economics and outcomes research
- Greater than 10 years in the clinical research industry. Previous experience with pharma, biotech, life science, or Clinical Research Organization (CRO) company.
- Managing development and/or operations teams essential.
- Knowledge of pharma clinical research and development process essential.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a life sciences degree, experience in conducting clinical research, substantial experience with Pharma and/or a Clinical Research Organization (CRO), along with past P & L ownership (Oncology related experience is strongly preferred, along with multiple years of strong performance/results in all above mentioned areas) and now is coming to run a research organization.
- This ideal candidate will have 10+ years experience and would have strong leadership skills especially in clinical and operational expertise along with people management.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare and the specific systems area related to the management position.
- Business degree preferred.
- Knowledge of oncology and related disciplines and treatment patterns preferred.
- Prior accountability for a P & L preferred
4-year degree in nursing or healthcare-related field or equivalent experience Physical Requirements
General Office Demands
Travel up to 30% McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!