McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Risk Associate The Horizontal Risk and Regulatory team within Commercial Credit Solutions Team (CST) is looking for a Senior Associate that will be responsible for working with CST, Commercial Underwriting and Portfolio Management (UW/PM), and our partner groups to identify opportunities to strengthen the UW/PM control environment to reduce both regulatory and operational risks while building lasting partnerships.The ideal candidate has an understanding of Capital One's risk management and process excellence culture while being intellectually curious and self-motivated. They will possess strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills as well the ability to embrace and quickly adapt to change in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.Responsibilities include:
- Communicating project and risk remediation needs to key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Partnering on risk management process improvement work, risk assessment and remediation initiatives.
- Executing on operational risk requirements for the business such as:
- Updating procedures, job aids, templates, etc.
- Maintaining and updating business continuity plans
- Document management support
- 3rd party management support
- Managing monthly and quarterly management reporting of in progress regulatory and compliance initiatives
- Conduct analysis and data reconciliation on executive risk management reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Commercial Banking or at least 1 year of risk management experience or at least 1 year of credit experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Management or business consulting experience
- At least 1 year of process management experience or at least 1 year of project management experience
- At least 1 year of story-telling experience leveraging Power Point
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).