McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Audit Manager, Credit Risk
The Internal Audit function within Capital One is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The Audit department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations.
The Audit Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of audits associated with Capital One's various credit risk management functions and related activities. The Audit Manager will be responsible for maintaining a centralized and coordinated view of Credit Risk Management, Loss Forecasting, Capital Management and Model Governance. The person in the role will provide assurance coverage over 2nd line Credit Risk Management groups (Consumer and Commercial) and develop and coordinate an effective Audit wide credit risk coverage and continuous monitoring. Finally, the Credit Risk Audit Manager will help maintain the Audit and Credit Review relationship.
Each audit assignment encourages the Candidate to apply business, technical and industry knowledge to assess business risk, identify and design risk-based tests of key controls, and lead the engagement team in performance of the audit. The candidate will also provide training and coaching to team members on assignments, and the broader Audit team. The candidate should be able to work independently, while exercising judgment in risk-based assessments and leading thought leadership activities within the Audit team.
- Leads audits or significant components of audits, including Corporate Credit Risk Management, Consumer Credit Risk Management, Commercial Credit Risk Management, and Credit Review.
- Develops engagement planning documentation to communicate rationale for scoping decisions and develop audit program to ensure adequate coverage of risk.
- Designs and executes internal control testing for audits demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level. Understand the broader context and implications of the various risks affecting the business. Identifies and implements efficiencies in executing test work.
- Supervises and coordinates work assignments amongst audit team members. Provides timely feedback and coaching to audit staff.
- Establishes and maintains good auditee relations. Effectively communicates audit process, scope, protocol, issues, risks and recommendations to clients during kick-off, periodic status updates, and exit meetings.
- Assesses relevancy of audit findings, potential exposures, materiality, improving or deteriorating trends, and demonstrates awareness of big picture issues. Interprets business priorities, anticipates issues and obstacles, and applies to scope of role.
- Manages timely and quality delivery of multiple tasks, including audits, projects, special assignments, and administrative activities. Self-prioritizes and independently completes multiple tasks across the team and department. Demonstrates the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, at least 5 years of experience in credit risk management, at least 5 years of experience in financial analysis, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- Master's Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Risk Management at a large bank or financial services organization
- Extensive experience in credit risk management, credit policy or underwriting from a financial institution or consulting
- An understanding of heightened regulatory expectations for "Strong" risk management
- A track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; a strong quantitative orientation matched with conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to combine business experience and insights with analytical modelling skills to reach results that are both intuitive and technically sound
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).