CHENEGA SECURITY INTERNATIONAL, LLC
Company Job Title: Electronic Technician III
Chenega Job Title: Technician IV, Electronic
Ability to obtain Secret
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
*THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARDSummary:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Electronic Technician III applies advanced technical knowledge to problem solve mid-level to complex system related problems while maintaining industry best practices. Examples of such problems include determining the location, density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation (EMI/RF noise, isolating malfunctions, shorts, opens, grounding, diode testing and end-of-line supervision. Typically work requires an understanding of the various types of circuits with the ability to exercise independent judgment in performing such tasks, as making circuit analyses, calculating voltage drops, standy calculations, noise wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high wave form generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment. Work may be reviewed by supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices and may be reviewed for compliance against the quality control installation and servicing plan. The Electronics Security Technician III will provide leadership and technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Has a Mastery skill sets of the requirements of a technician level one and two with advanced working knowledge and understanding of ACS/IDS hardware, intrusion detection, CCTV equipment, local and national code; i.e. ADA, NEC, NFPA-72, IBC. To include basic design and engineering skill sets at a minimum.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of low voltage electronic principals
- Possess the ability to use diagnostic equipment/software and established troubleshooting techniques to isolate network deficiencies, equipment failures and operational anomalies
- Ability to read, interpret electrical and electromechanical schematics and architectural drawings
- Reading and adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation of sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) and head end equipment
- Reading and understanding component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment and devices
- Identifying appropriate cables from drawings and running cables/fiber per installation design plans
- Repairing and maintaining electronic security system equipment
- Understanding the infrastructure relationships between trades
- Testing continuity of conductor(s) or breaks in fiber
- Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks, fiber, telecommunications, and BNC connectors
- Mounting and terminating field devices (i.e. Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras)
- Installing and Terminating sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) and head end equipment to include power and proper grounding
- Terminating and testing voice and data connections
- Performing field verification testing
- Ability to troubleshoot /solve issues and coordinate with other trades and clients
- Expertise with maintenance management systems as identified by Chenega or the facility
- Adhering to all Company and Client policies and procedures
- Must participate in all company described training programs as required.
- May supervise lower level technician.
- Ability to travel 30%-40% if local to job site.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least ten years' field experience in commercial/industrial (non-residential electronics installation & troubleshooting) is required with a high school degree; Or
- At least seven years' field experience coupled with graduation from an Electronics Training Program or Graduation from an Accredited Electronic Apprentice Program with a high school degree; Or
- At least five years' field experience with an AA/AS in Electronics from an accredited program; OR
- At least three years of field experience with a BS/BA in Electronics from an accredited program.
- Multiple ACS/IDS, CCTV platforms, i.e. Software House and C-CURE, Lenel, MDI, BOSCH, DMP, HIRSCH or as required.
- Active certifications from the following OEM's desired: Lenel, Hirsch, Bosch, DMP, MDI, Delta Vehicle Barrier; Bosch CCTV Systems; IP CCTV Systems; Alverado Turnstiles; Network + certification or equivalent OEM certifications not listed.
- Ability to install a variety of ESS systems and devices to include but not limited to ACS/IDS, CCTV, VMS, Intercom, Blue light, Card Access Readers, Keypads, Door Contacts, Motion/Glassbreak Sensors, Electronic Locking Hardware, Request to Exit Devises, and Cameras
- OSHA 30 Training required. OSHA 30 Training preferred.
- Aerial Lift certification preferred
- Secret clearance required. Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have personal transportation
- Travel to various job sites will be required.
- Must live within 50 miles of project assigned
- Must be willing to travel up to 30-40 percent of the year if required.
- May include random drug screening upon request
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- HIRSCH IDENTIV certification is a requirement
- CEISP certification is a requirement
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must be proficient with Test Equipment (i.e., VOM/Milti-Meter, TDR, and OTDR)
- Must have skill level III Hand Tools (a complete list of required tools will be provided)
- Network savvy
- CADD knowledge
- Safety/First Aid Training
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 555284139Posted: 2020-05-27