Air Hammer Operator 1st Shift - Holland, MI
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
United States ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews the job ticket, determines how many different structures are on the load and how many carts/skids will be required.
- Clears work station before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
- Sets up and operates air-operated stripping tool. Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
- Stacks die-cut blanks on skids/carts for gluer operations. Separates combination-run cartons onto individual skids/carts.
- Offloads and separates combination cartons run through the blanking die cutters.
- Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids/carts to prevent carton mix-ups.
- Pushes out internal scrap from cut blanks when necessary using die hammer and wood punches.
- Disposes of extra cartons and loads after completion of carton stripping jobs.
- Disposes of extra cartons from gluing department (in gray bins) as required.
- Operates power baler to compress scrap board and paper into bales. Feeds loose bales back through the baler as needed in a timely manner.
- Deposits scrap bales and paper skids in the appropriate recycle trailer in a timely fashion.
- Operates forklift to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Informs the supervisor when supplies or parts are required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Westrock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Posting ID: 555354055Posted: 2020-05-21