At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Analyst Sr. within PNC's Balance Sheet Analytics & Modeling Group - CECL / CCAR Production teams you will be based in Pittsburgh PA.
As a(n) Portfolio Analytics & Strategy Analyst Sr. you will be responsible for the execution of forecasting processes for CCAR and CECL. This position will lead the execution process by collaborating and coordinating key stakeholders from technology, modeling, enterprise data, and finance.
•Partner with Technology, Modeling and Business Owners teams to execute and manage forecasting and analytical processes
•Execution and management of process and controls to support governance of the integrity of modeling results
•Effective written and verbal communication of the different steps throughout the development process and work with all levels of management to ensure project deadlines are met
•Creation of requirements, process maps and operational manuals
*BS in a STEM or Finance related area plus 3+ years of related experience.
*Understanding of economics, business and analytics, and able to translate quantitative results into meaningful and actionable recommendations
*Experience working with quantitative or financial models / methodologies
*Advanced process improvement / project management abilities
*Ability to understand and effectively communicate complex technical topics to non-technical audiences
*Experience in SAS, SQL and/or Python
*Change management skills Job Description
- Provides financial and regulatory reporting and analyses to maintain adequate controls over the financial and regulatory reporting processes. Responsible for running complex business performance, risk and operational analytics. May include the development of analytical methods/models to assess market, credit and/or operational risk of new and existing financial products.
- Leverages business / product expertise to rigorously analyze large datasets, improve risk adjusted returns, deliver profitable growth, and communicate conclusions. Synthesizes analytical results and develops, recommends, and implements business strategies that improve lending decisions, assist in managing risk, increase revenues, reduce exposure to losses, meet business goals, and improve performance. Establishes baselines for strategies and tracks actual performance to expectations.
- Applies predictive models, third party data, and other tools to develop and execute appropriate segmentation and targeting for acquisition and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk. Manages engagements with internal and external information suppliers ensuring solution is fit for purpose while maintaining appropriate governance and oversight.
- Works with business, credit, data, and model development partners to design, develop, and monitor test designs and analytical reporting to track and enhance strategies. Designs / enhances standard reporting suites for regular product / portfolio reviews.
- Collaborates with the line of business, Finance, and Risk partners to assess and establish credit risk appetite and to understand its implications, as well as to establish policies and procedures governing the identification, monitoring, and management of risk appetite.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Approach - Synthesizes ideas and information required for process improvement into a manageable form.
Banking Products - Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Big Data Management and Analytics - Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
Business Analytics - Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Credit Risk - Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used to determine the degree of credit risk in a given transaction or customer relationship; ability to assess, rate and manage exposure to credit risk.
Mathematics of Financial Instruments - Knowledge of and ability to perform the mathematical calculations that underlie various financial instruments.
Operational Risk - Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Performance Measurement - Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of methods to measure the performance on a particular portfolio against industry benchmarks and related parameters.
Predictive Analytics - Knowledge of, experience with and ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Pricing Models and Analytics - Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Risk Management Banking - Knowledge of and ability to use tools, regulations, and business practices to assess and control an organization's exposure to risk. Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Education
Bachelors Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.