Work and assist senior employees with setting up fixtures, laying out, assembling and repairing components parts of various types of diaphragms such as blades, vanes, shrouds, nozzle units and blade rings.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Drill press, band saw, stress relieve oven, blasting machine, shop aid tools, index plates, fixtures, clamps, layout table, jacks, grinders, etc., overhead crane, stacker, computers, electronic measuring equipment, slings, eyebolts, magnets, etc., hammers, wrenches, files, gages, square, protractor, dividers, verniers, safety glasses, hood, protective clothing, gloves, and hearing protection.
Carbon and stainless steel, blades, vanes, shrouds, inner rings, outer rings, nozzle block assemblies and diaphragm assemblies. Cleaning solvents, etc.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE OF PAY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
1. Receive work assignment from supervision/group leadership.
2. Read and follow safety regulations and procedures and MI package including blue prints/drawings, change notices, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
3. Assemble and align components in fixtures for welding. Grind components to fit as required. Maintain proper port
gage dimensions and maintain proper fit on vanes. Check and set radial, vane level, drop angles, etc. Scribe references lines to establish machining and/or welding stock allowance.
4. Calculate and determine dimensions for angles, crush pin holes, joints, keyways, port area, etc., and layout. Scribe reference lines on parts as required.
5. Knowledge/use of precision tools such as micrometer, calipers, etc.
6. Cut shroud and diaphragms joints to proper size or fit.
7. Position, align and clamp workpiece to machine table and operate and adjust machines to saw, etc.
8. Sign off operations completed and obtain first piece and final inspection signoffs on operation sheets as required. Obtain material verification as required.
9. Check work for conformance to specifications. Deburr work.
10. Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
11. Make proper time charge entries and record data as required.
12. Relay pertinent job information to employees assigned to the same operation on following shifts.
13. Identify parts in accordance with method specified.
14. Other related duties as assigned
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.