Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Test Equipment Planning & Sustainment team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Data Mananagement Analyst based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Contract Deliverables Data Management
• Work and interact with a wide variety of engineering, program management, and technical disciplines, which may include interface with Government Customer base as well as Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) authors to ensure accurate CDRL scheduling.
• Review contracts to determine data item deliverables, schedules data items, manages data item schedules, creates Data Management Plans, Communicates Data Delivery schedule to data package providers, and delivers SDRL/CDRL Data to the customer.
• Distribute new contract schedules to inform Program Managers and CDRL Authors of CDRL delivery requirements for duration of program.
• Generate latest status report to CDRL Author, Director of Contracts, and applicable Program Manager when dates are missed.
• Deliver CDRL to any number of forums, such as SharePoint, classified network, DoD (Department of Defense) Safe, SIPRNET, and NG Safe.
• CDRL Reports to include: Create and distribute monthly CDRL reports (30/60/90 day look ahead) for CDRL authors and program office. Create and distribute weekly reports to obtain CDRL status and track for One Time Delivery (OTD). Create and distribute monthly report to convey OTD metrics.
Other secondary assignments
• Review engineering documentation, reports, specifications, and drawings to determine documentation and material requirements, ensure compliance with engineering specifications, and to ensure engineering orders reflect latest requirements.
• Analyze proposed changes in product design to determine effect on documents such as drawings, test specifications, manuals, and ensures all documents have required approvals.
• Compile release packages ensuring all documentation is present.
• Notify appropriate departments of any new or updated data.
• Maintain audit trails.
• Research and resolve inconsistencies with design, production, material, or program office.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management or related discipline with 6 years of experience, or Master's degree with 4 years of experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Possess Data Management and CDRL training or experience on defense programs.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government DoD secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management.
• Knowledge of Data Management and CDRL processing.
• Proficiency with product lifecycle management system.
• Understanding of Team-center Enterprise or Team-center Unified Architecture.
• DoD Active SECRET clearance.
• Specific training in configuration management through certificated program a bonus.
• Demonstrated understanding of general configuration management concepts, practices, and processes.
• Understanding of Configuration Management standards such as EIA-649 or MIL-HDBK-61A and ability to read and understand program contracts is essential in providing appropriate program support.
• Knowledge of AS-9100 and CMMI Level 3 processes.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.