Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications Experimentation Laboratory (C2BMC X-Lab) is a very fast paced and dynamic environment. The X-Lab is responsible for developing and integrating future-capability prototypes for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) including Sensor/Weapon Integration, Algorithm Development, User Interface Development and other critical leading-edge missile defense technologies.
This position will focus on the integration of the R&D systems into C2BMC and will contribute to other ongoing X-Lab projects as needed. Including the assessment on how the C2BMC prototype system performs using state vectors, integrating source tracks into the prototype and assessing track processing results, generating and assessing concurrent radar and sensor tracks during M&S and live flight test events, and enhancing experimental prototypes based on results of these activities. The Software Engineer will apply these results to identify and work to enhance C2BMC for future operations. The Software Engineer must possess an understanding of software development processes and principles and be able to communicate the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and system users. The Software Engineer should be comfortable with rapidly changing requirements, design challenges that require novel solutions, fast-paced activities, and tight deadlines. Qualifications :
The Software Engineer's primary responsibility is to work as a member of the X-Lab software development team to develop and test innovative solutions in support of X-Lab projects and experiments. Non-standard work hours are highly likely during event execution and a small amount of travel may be required.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of applicable experience, a master's degree and 3 years of applicable experience, or a PhD and 0 years of applicable experience.
- An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Candidate must have an active Secret clearance or higher.
- Full cycle software engineering of new capabilities
- Basic Systems Engineering understanding to drive software design
- Software development with Java (or other object-oriented language)
- Object-Oriented development principles and patterns
- Generate detailed and repeatable tests
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
The following knowledge base and/or skills are desired for the Software Engineer:
- Test driven development and continuous integration
- Software architecture design
- Service Oriented Architecture development principles
- Ability to refactor code for reusability, readability, and maintainability in an object-oriented codebase
- Application deployment, integration, and troubleshooting
- Operating systems experience with Windows & Unix/Linux
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE, Maven, and Git
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews
- Ability to extract data to support analysis
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Implementation of algorithms
- Messaging interface development
- Theory and application of the BMDS
- Theory and application of command and control systems
- Theory and application of track correlation algorithms
- Familiarity with Link-16, including content, transmission rules, etc.
- Experience with COTS and FOSS
- Using the Agile methodology for software development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.