Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Sector is looking for a full-time Senior Applications Programmer / Developer with experience developing and maintaining applications written using COBOL and CICS with IMS databases, and JCL for IBM mainframe operating systems. Oklahoma DHS is seeking expertise to provide Application Support Services in support of the Child Support System and its modernization. Candidates must have experience in the following tools: COBOL CICS, TSO, ISPF and MS Office. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
Developer Essential Responsibilities:
* Analysis, developing, testing, migration of source code from one technical environment to another.
* Documenting technical solutions for the mainframe
* Support quality control tester activities
* Producing technical design for mainframe environments
* Resolving problems reported in source code
* Provide estimates and timelines for completion of assigned tasks.
* Prepare status reports and project status updates. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years software development experience. An additional 4 years of experience can substitute for the degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in COBOL Development on a mainframe
- Minimum 3 years of experience JCL development and maintenance
- Minimum 3 years of experience IMS development and maintenance
- Must be willing to work at customer site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
• Knowledge of Management Information Systems including specific knowledge and best practices of analysis and design, applications development, databases, processes, procedures, report writing, and techniques.
• Broad range of knowledge of operating systems, telecommunications and networking, client servers, security and privacy
• Proven skills in application development including the use of WebFocus, Adobe Live Cycle, .NET, Java, and other Internet technologies, and techniques
• Experience with DB2 relational database a plus.
• Knowledge in Human Service Child Support
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.