At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results. If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Autonomous Systems Division is currently seeking a Manager of Program Control 2 for the Business Management Organization at the San Diego, CA facility. This is a demanding role supporting Development contracts in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The Program Control Manager will lead, supervise, and train a team of cost analysts responsible for Earned Value Management System (EVMS) implementation and analysis, SOX compliance, funding analysis, program financial analysis, internal and external audits, and contract deliverables. The Manager is also responsible for providing functional oversight of the Cost Management department, including engagement, staffing, and employee development.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct supervision activities, including completion of performance goals and reviews, assigning work scope to employees, reviewing and approving timecards, and ensuring employees operate according to company policies and procedures.
- Develop employee skills and evaluate employee performance on assigned responsibilities, including: EVMS implementation and analysis; support and guidance to PMs and CAMs; analysis and preparation of cost and schedule reports; development, analysis and review of EACs; variance analysis research and reporting; and reconciliations to SAP.
- Focus team on achieving uncompromising quality in all products and services, accountability and team performance. Ensure team fully understands their roles and impact on financial results.
- Act as the primary interface with the program office, functional leadership, and external auditing agencies regarding EVMS related tasks/efforts, requirements, issues, analysis, and performance measures.
-Support proposal preparation, fact-finding and contract negotiations as needed to ensure cost management issues are represented.
-Act as primary point of contact with customer counterpart, and maintain a positive working relationship to improve communication and stay on top of any potential cost issues. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- At least 5 years Finance/Business Management work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and financial analysis
- Working knowledge of EVMS Software (IE MPM or Cobra), SAP, Microsoft Office Suite and Accounting principles
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- 8+ years of experience with an MBA/CPA, etc.
- Experience developing and presenting business strategies, financial information, and risk assessments to leadership teams
Strong analytical skills
Experience leading a team, either as a lead, functional manager, or matrix manager
- Experience interfacing with government audit agencies such as DCMA and DCAA, as well as Internal Audit
- SAP, MPM and wInsight direct experience
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.