At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you...keep reading!
Our Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence is seeking a senior engineering manager to lead our Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. As the Mission Systems SE&I Lead you will direct a team of 60-80 engineers for the technical execution of all systems engineering and early integration activities across different business areas and stages of the program lifecycle. This role will report to the Special Programs Mission Systems IPT Director. You will provide systems engineering technical leadership and guidance to all members of the Segment SE&I team to ensure program milestones are achieved while maintaining technical rigor. The candidate will be the first point of contact for all program leads on SE&I performance issues and will make decisions regarding technical approach required for resolution.
• Manage a team of 60-80 engineers across multiple sites
• Manage Segment SE&I execution across multiple contracts for architecture, early integration, requirements, verification, and user experience
• Tailor and apply rigorous systems engineering processes to all aspects of the Mission Systems IPT
• Perform workforce planning in collaboration with the functional homeroom
• Lead strategies for future enhancements and improvements, with focus on affordability
• Coaching and mentoring employees within the team
• The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideoSQMVideo".
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
• Minimum 7 years of engineering experience
• Experience in technical, program or functional leadership within systems engineering
• Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
• Ability to receive Special Program Access
• Special program access clearances
• Master's or PhD Degrees
• Knowledge of System Engineering processes, procedures and work instructions required to support both management and engineering tasks
• Experience leading a team through major milestone reviews including SRR, SFR, PDR, and CDR
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering
• Experience hiring and staffing
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.