Note: This position can be filled at a Structural Engineer or Principal Structural Engineer level.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on bonded/composite airframe structures, and assigned to 1st shift on Weekends.
- Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
- Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) with 0 years of experience OR BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) with 3 years of experience.
- Experience in Bonded Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large Finite Element Models.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Experience working on Special Access Programs.
- Experience working on military aircraft.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 555356648Posted: 2020-05-21