The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems division has an opening for a Mechanical I&T Operations Manager at the Gilbert Arizona Satellite Manufacturing Facility. This Management position reports functionally to the Director of I&T and is responsible for managing the Mechanical Technician team. This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance supporting I&T teams within the Gilbert I&T organization. The role includes all aspects of staff management, including recruiting, hiring, training, coaching/mentoring, career development and compensation management. This position also encompasses the management and oversite of specialized equipment and tools utilized in the work-centers, the associated maintenance and upgrades of tools, capital procurement as well as the utilization and maintenance of equipment for Mechanical activities. Duties also include working and assisting I&T Management with personnel assignments, scheduling technical resources - both equipment and personnel, providing technical oversite and mentorship, facilitating the execution of tasks and operations, supporting customer needs, and reporting/escalating conflicts to management/HR.
- Provides Functional Management oversight for a team of Mechanical Technicians and supporting staff.
- Provides staffing and workload forecasting; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs.
- Provides Problem Solving Expertise and capability to mentor the team in problem solving skills
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading technical teams.
- Ensures the communication of the project or product status and path forward is clear and provided to all stakeholders
- Drives continuous Process Improvements and initiatives
- Leads the effort to improve the New Product Introduction Product Lifecycle - early involvement with the development team
- Coordinates with Program Management, Development Engineering, Operation Areas, and Manufacturing Management to ensure plans are created and resolution of technical issues
- Technical Contributor and Process Implementation Lead as part of the Gilbert Engineering Management Team.
- Must have demonstrated management/leadership skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced environment.
A degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent with 4 years of functional management/leadership experience in manufacturing, mechanical operations, or production position.
-US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
-Ability to establish schedules and workflows with the capability to manage and schedule quickly changing priorities
-Excellent written and oral communications skills and technical presentation experience
-A heightened focus on positive culture development, employee growth and motivation, and process discipline.
-The candidate should be able to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and offer solutions. Additionally, the candidate should be able to coordinate, drive, and support the resolution of anomalies and discrepancies while working with cross functional teams towards prompt resolution.
It is preferred that the candidate has knowledge and experience in more than one of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and/or Test Engineering. The candidate should have working knowledge in their field to manage the team to successfully develop, plan and execute mechanical activities within the I&T Clean rooms and Environmental bay.
•Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with SAP/SAR access
•Demonstrated expertise in ERP, Continuous Improvement, Lean or Agile manufacturing methodologies
•Spaceflight hardware Integration and Structure Manufacturing Experience
•Business tool experience such as TipQA, Windchill, Solumina MES, Costpoint, and CREOView preferred.
•Practical experience with 5S/FOD, ESD and Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing techniques.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.