Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Colorado Springs and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
Modeling, Simulation & Analysis. Own system-level analysis, analysis validation and verification, and oversee implementation in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment.
Experienced Systems Engineer with a focus in physics based performance modeling, model maturation, and analysis requirement definition and model verification and validation. Within the modeling, simulation, and analysis IPT, lead the development and integration of physics based models and simulations for the GBSD program. Requires cross team coordination, cross IPT and mission/system thinker.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJObsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a BQs for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer are 9 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 with PhD
- Experience using Model Based System Engineering
- Active Secret clearance investigated within the last 6 years
- Experience with model based system engineering (MBSE) environment trained in the practice of using modern modeling languages like SysML, UML, UPDM and knowledgeable of the DoDAF and MoDAF frameworks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD top secret clearance
- Experience using enterprise & system modeling tools like No Magic Cameo Enterprise Architecture
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.