Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Engineer Systems Test in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
The Test Engineer will participate in all phases of the integration and test of both spacecraft and payload systems. Specific assignments will include requirements definition, development and execution of RF and digital test procedures, subsystem and test set troubleshooting, development of data analysis tools, test data review and analysis, participation in formal system testing, and anomaly resolution.
Additional responsibilities include updating/generating Test Plans, evaluating requirements, generating electronic procedures, generating updating Automated Test Scripts, becoming familiar with test applications and test requirements, performing the calibration/validation for test racks, performing test equipment movement and setup, performing functional testing and documenting/ troubleshooting test anomalies.
LosAngelesSpace Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus two years of related engineering experience; Master of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus zero years of related engineering experience.
- Knowledge of common Radio-Frequency (RF), Digital Instrumentation or Command & Data Handling Systems
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Active SCI Clearance
- Integration and Test experience
- Environmental test experience
- Experience in test set calibration/validation
- Experience in test script development
- Experience troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software
- Experience with RF/DC cables
- Ability to operate RF and digital equipment both manually and remotely via software
- Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, Matlab, Excel
- Ability to operate in a large Integration and Test environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.