At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you...keep reading!
Our Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence is seeking a senior engineering manager to lead a Sub Integrated Product Team (IPT) comprised of multiple disciplines that include software, electronics, and systems engineering. As a Sub-IPT Lead, you will direct a team of 80-100 engineers across multiple sites and through different lifecycle phases. You will have a staff of managers and senior engineers and will be responsible for the program technical baseline while ensuring first time quality and executing within cost and schedule. In addition to executing on current work, you will work with senior leadership on long-range planning and strategic initiatives in order to poise the organization for years of future success. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a team of 60-80 engineers across multiple sites.
• Understanding the program scope, milestones, priority, and impact to drive on-time and on-budget product delivery.
• Understanding the deliverables of team members, timelines, expectations and business impact.
• Will act as the primary point-of-contact and assume Responsibility and Authority to execute Program Statement of Work.
• Will be accountable to the Business Area Director for Program execution.
• Facilitate interface and coordination with program management, customer counterparts, and sub-contractors.
• Participate in the negotiation of contracts and contract changes.
• Coordinating the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Risk & Opportunity Management.
• Manage and maintain staffing plans in consultation with Program IPT Leads and Functional Section Managers. Specifically, using financial data as a Control Account Manager (CAM) to understand what the business demands are for programs within the assigned department and working to apply appropriate attrition/growth & risk factors to help identify the appropriate staffing profile.
• Determining critical skills required for current and future needs and working to develop and implement a strategy to augment the team's skills to meet the business demands.
• Working with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) leaders, Directorate Technical leaders (e.g. Process Leaders) and other Department & Assistant Department Managers to project staffing needs; and to incorporate standard process metrics with associated reporting.
• Understand processes and collaborate with Hardware, Software, System Engineering Integration & Test, and Supplier management Product Teams.
• Coaching and mentoring employees within the team
• The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideoSQMVideo".
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
• Minimum 7 years of engineering experience
• Experience in technical program, or functional leadership
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance
• Ability to receive Special Program access
• Current Special Program access
• Master's Degree
• Experience in the aerospace defense acquisition community
• Experience in software, electronics, and/or systems engineering
• Experience managing large projects with cost and schedule responsibilities.
• Significant experience with Earned Value Management
• 5 years of experience in lead or first level manager role in a technical engineering capacity
• Experience with performing leadership/development using agile methodologies.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
• Demonstrated success leading a cross functional team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.