Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Reworker works under the supervision of an Assembly supervisor. Performs direct labor duties pertaining to rework of small systems sub-assemblies and other light assembly jobs when needed. The company reserves the right to rotate employees to other departments or work assignments within the organization as needed based upon skill set, production needs, etc.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent.
1. Reworks Sentry valves.
2. Reworks component parts from sub-assembly area.
3. Keeps accurate record of work performed and makes out scrap tickets.
4. Uses sanders, drills or grinders, depending on type of work performed.
5. Discharges SY shells and records leaker types.
6. Identifies and marks valve leakers and shell leakers.
7. On occasion may replace "O" rings and tighten paint hooks.
8. Supporting the training and development of peers within the organization.
9. Performs housekeeping or other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt