AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant. AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer -
To perform services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex inter-network issues.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Maintaining data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
- Investigating and resolving network and hardware matters of significance;
- Researches, analyzes, isolates and resolving errors;
- Assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Providing escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
- Answers technical questions; recommends and Implementing approved course of action.
- Installing network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolving problems.
- Designs, Implementing and maintaining various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
- Preparing data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performing data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Serves as a role model to less experienced personnel.
Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required. Both certifications are REQUIRED for this position.
Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus.
Candidate must be clearable.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Job ID
2015472 Date posted