AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user. We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant. AT&T has an opening for an End-User Hardware Engineer -
To Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors; Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions; Ensure that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user's requirements; Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides.Responsibilities Include:
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Providing hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design, and other technical hardware issues
- Providing hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial
- Deploying, Installing, and implementing hardware
- Preparing specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements
- Conducting site surveys
- Preparing engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages
- Configuring (and documents configuration of) computers, networking devices, and various peripheral equipment. Preparing site installations and test reports
- Ensuring that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user's requirements
- Providing specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors
Seven (7) years of experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems for IT solutions. Bachelor's degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. They coordinate with team members - those in project management, security, asset management, customer service or help desk departments - to solve problems and manage projects. Conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are crucial to the position as well.
CompTIA A+, MTA. DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level 2 or higher is required.Required Clearance:
Candidate must have a TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Job ID
2015483 Date posted