What You'll Get to Do:
This role will enable you to utilize both your linguistic and analytical skills for mission-driven roles. You will translate and/or transcribe intermediate to advanced-level printed materials, including but not limited to: technical manuals, foreign language periodicals, and audio files into correct grammatical American English. You will work either lead or be part of a team of linguists supporting CONUS and/or OCONUS operations.
More About the Role:
The primary language needed is Arabic. You will provide both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation as well as transcribe and/or translatesource material, both printed and audio. You will provide analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material and provide quality control of junior linguists. You will be expected to prepare and update databases of translated source material, scan intercepted data and determine if pertinent or non-pertinent to mission requirements.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- TS/SCI Clearance required upon start, with the ability to maintain while employed
- 7 to 9-years of relevant years of professional experience
- Testing at or above a (3) for translation and interpretation on Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
- Must possess excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills for giving briefings and writing reports.
- Can triage documentation to isolate pertinent and nuanced info.
- Able to identify and accurately summarize factual points as well as abstract concepts.
- Able to accurately translate reports/texts in electronic and hardcopy formats that not only contain facts but also some abstract language showing an ability to capture intended implications and many nuances.
- Able to generally capture geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural elements in text. Word choice and expression generally adhere to target language (TL) norms and means of expression specific to subject field (s) and are strong enough to allow translator to operate successively in that field.
- Able to interpret accurately. Normally consecutive interpretation is needed, but on rare occasions simultaneous interpretation may be requested
- Master use of reference materials. Must possess computer skills; including MS Office, to be able to produce written translations and products and sufficient internet skills that will allow basic research on the Web.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous military experience
- Has good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 555357004Posted: 2020-05-21