CACI is seeking a UAS Trainer who will be responsible for the conduct of instructional training to include designing specific training materials for UAS and cUAS operations to include conducting a needs assessment, curriculum design, and developing new and/or updating existing materials/content to meet training requirements. The Training Specialist will also be responsible for performing operational responsibilities for COTS UAS multi-rotor platforms and supporting systems to gather intelligence for mission planning, mission sensor/payload operations, launching, remotely piloting, and recovering remote piloted ground and air vehicle systems. The Training Specialist will be available and willing to deploy to the CENTCOM AOR for up to 6 months at a time rotating with other deployers. Desired candidate will have extensive experience in either Special Operations / Special Forces or senior Combat Arms background.
*This position description is not an active opening but is representative of positions within CACI that are consistently available. Individuals who apply may also be considered for other positions at CACI.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Assist with the preparation of all instructor materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course evaluation forms).
- Support training of DoD and non-DoD personnel change to: US and coalition forces
- Define vulnerabilities and critical infrastructure regarding threats by UAS/RPV such as TTPs to include emplacement TTPs and photo TTP.
- Responsible for the acquisition, fabrication, modification, programming, and maintenance of RPV for test events.
- Launches and recovers the air vehicle, performs pre-flight, in flight, and post flight checks.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS (to possible conflict areas) on short notice in order to disseminate relevant threat information.
- Assist with vulnerability site assessments to inform analyst team about possible use of UAS.
- Coordinate with national and international intelligence agencies to develop data sharing capability, trend analysis and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive technical red-team analysis.
- Perform all functional duties independently
- Work and live in a small team environment.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience instructing large groups of low and high ranking personnel in a military environment.
- BA/BS with 0-3yrs experience; or AA/AS and 4 years of experience; or HS/GED and 6 years of experience.
- Experience with COTS multi-rotor and fixed-wing aircraft, to include hobbyist UAS experience.
- Special Operations/Special Forces background OR a senior combat arms type background.
- Demonstrate experience in pre-deployment training and knowledge exchange supporting field training exercises (FTX), Validation Exercises (VALEX), and other technical exchange events.
- Must be able to obtain a Certified FAA UAS Pilot License.
- Must be able to successfully complete CRC and deploy to CENTCOM theater.
- Must be able to obtain an Amateur Radio Technician License.
- Experience with all RPV (land, air, and sea) and ability to design/fabricate with limited instructions or pre-built kits.
- Ability to research emerging RPV technologies, describe their advantages, and the impact to DoD capabilities.
- Knowledge of the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP).
- Ability to take technical RPV knowledge and inform/instruct others about the technology, capabilities and limitations, and impacts to DoD capabilities.
- Proficient in utilizing standard MS Office computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development.
- Define and carry out scenarios (in test events or training events) in which RPV technology can be utilized.
- Ability to understanding and interpret customer requirements in order to influence correct use of the RPV technology at technical exchange events or test events.
- Ability to perform independently while in other locations and interacting with other organizations and military units.
- Ability to communicate and function effectively in a team environment.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
cb3 Job Location
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 555357141Posted: 2020-05-21