United States of America - Utah, Salt Lake CityJob Summary
Deputy Project Manager - Wastewater Plant
AECOM is looking for a Deputy or Senior Project Manager for full-time employment in the Salt Lake City, Utah office. The engineer will work in the AECOM Water Business unit on various water projects including but not limited municipal water treatment, distribution systems, and master planning.
AECOM has a large SLC Water Rec Facility project. WWTP (50MGD, $500M+ in construction) via a CMAR contractor. The next 2 calendar years will be heavy design and the subsequent 2 years will be heavy construction.
AECOM is searching for enthusiastic candidates that are client focused, impactful, decisive and have the ability to serve as a role model. The successful candidate will provide design support, technical expertise, mentorship, client coordination and networking, business development insight, and work closely with senior project principals and entry level staff. The position will involve working on projects for the state, local municipalities, federal agencies, and private clients. The candidate must have demonstrated expertise in water systems and water treatment, wastewater and wastewater treatment and able to support and provide oversight and leadership for execution of technical tasks. The successful candidate will have a project history serving as the technical lead on projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as technical lead directing and executing work related to water treatment projects
- Provide technical support to other projects in the Water Business unit
- Manage projects on a local to national basis
- Support business development to grow the local and national water treatment practice
- Serve as point of contact with clients
- Be responsible for delivery of technical tasks, including leading teams with multiple members that may include multiple business lines, remote workers, and subcontractors
- Work with clients to provide long-term solutions and maintain and develop strong client relations
BA/BS + 10 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 2 years of leadership
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil engineering, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering or related field
- 10+ year's water treatment engineering experience
- 2+ year's of leadership experience
Preferred Qualifications :
What We Offer
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- 20+ year's wastewater treatment engineering experience
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in Utah.
- Experience with W/WW plant process and/or mechanical process
- Technical matters leader as design progresses, with backup support from the discipline design leads
- AECOM certified PM and competent PM
- Must have strong technical progression within water engineering and familiar with government contracts, local utilities contracts, and private clients
- Must be experience in the design/construction of water projects and be capable as serving as a technical lead in an area of expertise related to water
- Ability to meet project schedules
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated understanding of business development and proposal response process
- Ownership and accountability for quality deliverables
- Have experienced managing other Project Managers and navigating corporate policies and procedures
- Good understanding of local and regional markets and able to support marketing effort in pursuing work
- Local, national and international
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - Water / WastewaterBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Salt Lake City, UT - 776 N Terminal DrClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.