United States of America - Michigan, DetroitJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a Project Manager with Water/Wastewater experience to be located in the Southfield, MI (Detroit) office. The Project Manager will join our expanding civil design Water Group. This position may include client management with municipal contracts.
Provides complex program and project delivery to AECOM. This group manages various aspects of projects and programs to profitably deliver services and results that meet or exceed client requirements and are aligned with AECOM's core values and financial objectives.
Projects may include water system master plans, hydraulic distribution system modeling, water audits, water quality studies, disinfection, water supply sustainability, water systems design (water treatment plants, pump stations, etc.), energy evaluations, water main replacement analysis, water vulnerability and emergency response, and Safe Drinking Water Program audits.
Projects may include water and/or waste water treatment facilities, combined sewer overflow facilities, sanitary sewer stations, booster pump stations, transmission and/or distribution mains.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Manages one or more moderately complex project, involving a combination of the following:
- Clients with a regional geographic footprint; OR,
- Projects involving multiple services provided by regional IE offices; OR,
- Other complexities, such as projects that involve litigation, environmental protection, due diligence, etc.
- May manage all phases of projects (from beginning to close out).
- Works mostly independently but receives basic instruction on specific assignments, objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- May supervise: senior level engineers (all disciplines applicable), as well as project administration, project controls, scheduling, cost control, estimating and procurement representatives.
BA/BS + 2 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction related field.
6+ years of Municipal Water and/or Wastewater project experience
Professional Engineering License (PE)
Experience in the evaluation, planning, design and construction of one or more of the following projects:
Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants, Pump Stations, Water, Sewer, Stormwater and/or Lift Stations
Experience with developing proposals, schedules, and budgets
Interest and demonstrated skills in marketing, presentations and client interaction
Professional Engineering License (PE) in MichiganWhat We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Southfield, MI - 27777 Franklin RoadClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.