United States of America - Michigan, DetroitJob Summary
AECOM is actively seeking a Design Engineer with Water/Wastewater experience to be located in the Southfield, MI office. The Engineer will join our expanding Water Civil Design Group. This position may include client management with municipal contracts.
Projects may include developing preliminary design reports, detailed design and contract administration, for water and waste water treatment facilities, combined sewer overflow facilities, sanitary sewer stations, booster pump stations, transmission and/or distribution mains.
Projects may include water system master plans, hydraulic distribution system modeling, water audits, water quality studies, disinfection, water supply sustainability, water systems design (water treatment plants, pump stations, etc.), energy evaluations, water main replacement analysis, water vulnerability and emergency response, and Safe Drinking Water Program audits.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Serves as lead engineer on mid- to large size projects.
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Approves and signs off on work.
- Provides technical expertise for studies and design efforts.
- Presents complex technical solutions to clients.
- Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
- Participates in development of technical proposals.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects.
BA/BS + 8 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field of study
What We Offer
- 8+ years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Professional Engineer's (PE) license
- Professional Engineer's license in Michigan
- Municipal project experience in the evaluation, planning, design and construction of the following projects:
- Water / Wastewater Treatment Plants, Combined Sewer Overflow Facilities, Pump Stations, Water, Sewer, Stormwater and/or Lift Stations
- Experience with developing proposals, schedules, and budgets
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Southfield, MI - 27777 Franklin RoadClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.