Truck Driver I (2020-2021 SY) JobID: 33298 Position Type:
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade/Truck DriverDate Posted:
For Fiscal Year:
2020-2021 Additional Information: Show/HideMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires ten (10) to twelve (12) years of school or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) months to one (1) year of related experience. Incumbent must have a valid Texas Class C Driver License while operating Austin ISD vehicles. Incumbent must have an acceptable driving record as determined by Austin ISD. Employees in this position are subject to random drug testing.SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbent must have knowledge of all motor vehicle laws as well as knowledge of the City of Austin and Austin ISD operations area. Incumbent must be operationally proficient with vehicles up to, but not exceeding 26,000 lbs GVWR. Incumbent should be familiar with standard warehousing/material handling equipment. Incumbent must follow AISD Customer Service Standards by interacting with students, staff, and the public in a friendly and professional manner at all times. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English and perform counting and mathematical skills.JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for inventory, collection and distribution of Austin ISD materials, inventory and assets. This may include fulfilling orders, loading/unloading, and storage of Austin ISD materials, inventory and assets. Position is responsible for order fulfillment, pick up and distribution of AISD textbooks.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Distribute and/or pick up district assets including secure and non-secure delivery of material, food, books, furniture and electronics utilizing light-medium fleet vehicles.
- Fulfill requested orders of food, instructional and custodial supplies, furniture and other requisitions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work safely near and/or with vehicles, material handling equipment, machinery, or power/hand tools.
- Assist staff and visitors with selection and pick up of food, supplies, furniture and other assets.
- Accurately consolidate, wrap, package orders and stage for shipping.
- Load and unload vehicles as required and according to scheduled delivery.
- Keep Austin ISD vehicles, facilities, warehouses and materials secure at all times.
- Operate standard warehousing/material handling equipment.
- Assist with physical inventories and cycle counts to ensure proper stock rotation.
- Report shortages, damages and misplacements to your immediate supervisor.
- Assist in warehouse cleanup as required.
- Assist in covering other warehouse routes and assignments as required by your Manager including scheduled summer projects in support of district needs.
- Maintain an acceptable level of productivity.
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives as required by your manager or other district officials.PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Working conditions will vary and dependent on the Austin ISD campus and facilities. This includes warehouse areas, congested kitchens and areas with lack of air flow or air cooling systems. Employee may encounter slippery floors/surfaces, equipment that can cause injury and heavy material that may need to be lifted. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
- Work outside and inside and in regulated and unregulated climates.
- Report to work prepared for extreme climate environments such as cold storage freezers (<50%), freezer truck boxes (<50%) and refrigerated storage (>50%).
- Daily exposure to street, highway and pedestrian traffic conditions within the city and at receiving locations.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds unassisted and up to 150 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces (concrete or tile) for at least 80 to 100% of the scheduled work day is required.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, loading and unloading are frequent activities of the position.
- This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids.
This position reports directly to the Warehouse Foreman. Incumbent will have frequent contact with the property supervisor, warehouse personnel and other AISD employees.COMPENSATION:
Duty Days: 262
Pay Grade: AUX02
Starting Salary: $13.65/Hr
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Employee Discount ProgramClosing Date: Until FilledAn Equal Opportunity Employer