Job Description Facility: Sisters of Charity HospitalStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 7-3 8-4 9-5 10-6 11-7 rotationShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.400000:Summary:
The Registered Nurse for the Endoscopy Unit is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working with ancillary personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the endoscopy setting.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Maintains a current New York State Professional license
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and Child Abuse mandatory reporting.
- Completed cardiac rhythm course or demonstrated competency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Two years medical/surgical experience required
- Prior endoscopy or critical care experience strongly preferred
- BLS current registration required
- ACLS training required.
- Working knowledge of endoscopy equipment/instruments
- Demonstrated clinical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Competent to assist with conscious sedation
- Ability to interpret cardiac rhythms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage frequent turnover of cases in a timely, efficient and safe manner.
Posting ID: 555358684Posted: 2020-07-14