License/Certification/ Education: Ph.D. or MD Board Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Path preferred w/6 years of experience in related field. Must meet CLIA requirements.
Join LabCorp Diagnostics and you'll be a part of an innovative life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care and providing comprehensive laboratory services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions and pioneers new diagnostic technologies to improve the delivery of care. As a member of the LabCorp team, you will support a dedicated staff in resulting over 500,000 clinical samples a day, a volume that demands the most accurate and precise analysis possible. You'll join a collegial scientific staff who appreciates that on the other side of every sample, is a person who depends on us! LabCorp is a leader in laboratory medicine and we strive to meet the rapidly evolving healthcare needs. Do work that matters. Join LabCorp and be a part of our team bringing laboratory diagnostics to a new level.
LabCorp's Occupational Testing Services division is seeking a Laboratory Director for its Medical Drug Monitoring laboratory in Research Triangle Park, NC. The position reports to the OTS Laboratory Operations Director and provides daily oversight of the laboratory's scientific, regulatory, and technical development activities in collaboration with technical managers and supervisors. Candidate attributes will include strong leadership and management skills, and in-depth knowledge and experience in analytical toxicology related to method development and control for prescription drug monitoring and substance abuse testing.
Oversight includes, but is not limited to:
* Performance of testing procedures, accurate result reporting, and quality monitoring
* Technical validations of new methods, instrumentation, and/or testing reagents
* Troubleshooting technical issues and knowledgeably directing remediation
* Scientific review of clinical and forensic toxicology testing trends and platforms
* Research and development of new assays in conjunction with division technical resources
* Compliance with regulatory and licensure requirements
* Scientific direction to laboratory staff and development of continuing education opportunities
* Ph.D. in a relevant chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution
* Certification in good standing from the American Board of Clinical Chemistry in toxicological chemistry, the American Board of Forensic Toxicology, the American Board of Bioanalysis as a High Complexity Laboratory Director or other HHS-approved board as applicable
* Current holder or eligible to obtain a New York State Department of Health (NYSDH) Certificate of Qualification (CQ) in Clinical and Forensic Toxicology.
* Experience with a wide variety of analytical methods, particularly immunoassay and mass spectrometry methods, including GC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and automated instrumentation for sample preparation.
* 10 or more years of technical experience in a high-throughput laboratory environment
* 5 or more years in a laboratory management role with excellent leadership and communication ability
* Method development using mass spectrometry platforms, including GC-MS and LC-MS/MS
* Demonstrated technical expertise across specimen matrices including urine, oral fluids, and hair
* Demonstrated analytical toxicology experience including prescription drug monitoring; experience in workplace drugs of abuse testing desirable
* Effective project management skills including developing project plans, timelines, tracking, communication with stakeholders, and timely completion
* Ability to develop and conduct training and education programs, and to foster talent and staff development
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills exhibited among both technical and non-technical staff
Posting ID: 555359115Posted: 2020-07-14