Description:Sikorsky Innovations, the technology development organization of Sikorsky, A Lockheed Martin Company, is seeking a creative and dynamic professional to join its Aircraft Operations Analysis team. The Operations Analyst position integrates all Sikorsky activity around measuring and communicating the operational value, cost benefit and value proposition analysis of the Sikorsky products including Future Vertical Lift (FVL) that consists of Future Attack and Reconnaissance (FARA) and Future Long Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA), the H-60 Hawk family, the CH-53K, the S-92, S-76, and other Sikorsky future program opportunities as assigned.
The desired candidate will have a strong combination of 1) exposure to helicopter operations, 2) understanding of future missions, capabilities and vehicle requirements; 3) superior skills in scenario-based modeling and simulation decision analysis 4) prior experience with ATCOM, AFSIM, or other software development and mission modeling experience, and 5) talent in team leadership and customer communication.
The role includes the use and development of tools such as constructive simulations and human-in-the loop experiments as required to communicate our value proposition. This will involve collaboration with the requirements development community at Ft. Rucker, Huntsville, Patuxent River, Quantico, and the Pentagon. The candidate will work in close coordination with program management, technical leadership and business development functions. The role requires understanding and modeling of the value proposition of both Sikorsky and competitor solutions to provide guidance to the development team on the highest impact factors to the design and how to best communicate our value.
• Creating new concepts of operation, scenarios, mission effectiveness models, and metrics to quantify and demonstrate key capabilities to customers.
• Defining key trade studies and driving modeling efforts to identify the most relevant characteristics and capabilities of future aircraft designs including mission performance, survivability, mission systems effectiveness, levels of autonomy, life cycle costs, and maintainability.
• Quantifying and communicating the benefits of future technologies, capabilities, environments and requirements around the battlefield including network-centric operations, autonomous and intelligent systems, the role of the human in manned, unmanned, and man-unmanned teaming systems.
• Ability to use ATCOM or AFSIM and learn new computer/scripting languages as needed to integrate simulation model output into customer-focused analysis and display tools.
• Defining and communicating advanced program technical differentiation and win strategies via presentations, events and simulations with customers both internally and externally.
• Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team including program management, advanced concepts, advanced systems, special projects, commercial and military business development, and external customers.
• Some travel required, primarily domestic.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or operations research required; master's or doctoral degree preferred
• Background in and/or knowledge of helicopter operations including US military tactics and missions
• Experience in operations research/operations analysis, design of experiments and statistical methods.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint proficiency.
• Hands on experience with US Army Aviation OA simulation (ATCOM) as well as other models such as AFSIM, ONESAF, RADGUNS, EADSIM, NSS, VR Forces (not all expected)
• Knowledge of new computer/scripting languages as needed to integrate simulation model output to customer-focused analysis and display tools. Experience in AFSIM, C++/Java programming knowledge highly desirable.
• Strong presentation and communication skills to influence internal and external decision-makers regarding vehicle design decisions using Operations Research and Decision Analysis techniques
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First