Description:Chapter Next - Let Lockheed Martin be the next step in your Journey Back to the workforce
Have you taken some extended time away from your career in support of family or personal obligations? At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we understand that sometimes we must pause our professional life to support our family and loved ones. After stepping away from the workplace to care for children, aging parents or other family obligations, the road to return to work can be challenging, and at times intimidating. This is where Chapter Next can be part of your solution.
Chapter Next is a 12-16 week paid returnship hosted by RMS. Candidates who have taken a professional career hiatus for at least 2+ years will be eligible to apply to this program.
During this returnship participants will become part of a community of similarly experienced professionals with challenging work scopes that contribute to the great innovation produced by Lockheed Martin. Selected candidates will be exposed to comprehensive training, professional development opportunities, networking opportunities, and individual based mentoring
Our goal is to provide the fundamental tools needed to be successful in your career field, and to potentially prepare you for an opportunity to join Lockheed Martin full-time.
Fields of focus will be diverse across the program and include functional and technical opportunities.
This returnship position is for a Software Engineer and will be located in Manassas, VA. This is an opportunity for candidates with a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related disciplines interested in putting their skills to work as a Software Engineer. Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is required. Many of our teams operate in agile development environments, affording our engineers multidisciplinary interaction as well incremental feedback to provide the greatest value in our products. You will have an opportunity to make a difference and grow your skills and experience for your career.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science discipline
• Minimum of 8 years of previous experience in a related field
• Educational and professional experience with design and development of software using modern computer languages such as C++ and Java.
• Educational and professional experience in modern software design techniques.
• Experience using modern Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) such as Eclipse or Netbeans to successfully develop and debug software.
• Demonstrated interest and ability to succeed in a modern industrial software organization.
• Demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully apply them in completing projects in a timely manner.
• Understanding of basic computer science/software engineering principles
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong Business Acumen including effective oral, written and presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills and report development, metric and trend analysis
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel) experience
• Organized and detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
***ABILITY TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE(To obtain a clearance, you must be US Citizen)
Desired skills include Java, C++, C, scripting, and web services. Experience using IDE tools (such as Eclipse) in a Linux environment is also desired. Domain experience in signal processing, GUIs, cybersecurity, virtualization, automation, networks, database, operating systems, device drivers, etc. are all possible areas of focus at our location. Experience in an agile development environment is a plus as well.
Junit, RESTful / XML
Coverity, CodeSonar, Parasoft JTest
Virtualization and Containerization Technologies
Scripting skills, Software defined networks
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Part-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: PART-TIME - 9X80 Fri to Fri Equivalent Shift: First