Are you interested in joining a startup within Microsoft where you'll have the rare opportunity to create the future of IT management and help drive the company's Modern Workplace initiative? Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) is an Azure cloud-based SaaS service that delivers all aspects of modern IT management for our customers and blazes new paths into the future. We serve a diverse set of customers ranging from financial institutions, government, and even sports teams. Devices managed by MMD are more secure, more up-to-date, and perform better than traditionally managed devices.
Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) is a groundbreaking, customer-first offering from the Commercial Management Experiences (CMX) group at Microsoft. We extend the Microsoft Intelligent Cloud platform by leveraging Microsoft identity service (AAD), Microsoft Endpoint Manager service (MEM), device management, endpoint security, and desktop analytics to build a set of global services and operations at scale to create a secure, productive, and turnkey computing environment for enterprises. As MMD is getting rapid adoption, we are looking for a seasoned technologist to join our team to strengthen the engineering leadership.
For more about MMD:
You will be part of an agile team working with experienced engineers that behaves more like a start-up than an established team.
- Lead the development multiple customer facing services and tools in facilitating management of millions of devices and device configurations
- Drive the design and creation of solutions that allow MMD to maintain high reliability, availability, and scalability
- Ideate and propose new product innovations to meet the needs of our customers
- Mentor and help grow a team of talented, diverse software engineers
- Provide strong leadership for the architecture of secure, distributed, scalable, and resilient services using modern technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer designing, implementing and shipping cloud services or software products
- Expertise with web or application development with full stack (data engineering, micro-service design)
- Exceptional software development design, debugging and troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure or similar cloud platforms
- Passion for and ability to quickly understand emerging technologies
- Proven track record of being a strong customer advocate and creative problem solver
- Proven track record of working across teams to deliver shared solutions to complex problems
- Ability to quickly ramp up, understand complex problems, and create solutions across many products
- Deep familiarity with Azure Dev Ops and Agile methodologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.