Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com PURPOSE:
As a member of the Alsip, Illinois team, you will be responsible for testing and verifying the made product is with in quality specs. You will be under the direction of a Quality Lead and will follow the safety policies helping to ensure a safe environment for all.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily quality checks on all lines and take appropriate action for non-conforming product
- Conduct all lab testing (dart impact, tear, melt, density, moisture, and other lab equipment
- Enter data collected into appropriate software packages
- Maintain reject area, returns, and rework areas, as well as inspecting incoming stock transfers
- Assist Lead Quality Auditors in disposition
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma, GED, or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a Team-work oriented environment a plus
- 5 years manufacturing process preferred
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs unassisted while performing job duties
- Knowledge in navigating different computer programs
- Ability to understand and follow GMP and safe work practices
- Good math skills and basic computer knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Able to stand/walk for 12 hours
- Able to acquire forklift license
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Organized to maintain test integrity and accuracy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.