Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
NASA's Mission Operations for the International Space Station is located at Johnson Space Center. On Jacobs' JETS contract we provide engineering services to JSC. Come join us and be a vital part of operating the largest space station ever built. We're looking for a 5-Axis Cnc Programmer
for a wide range of space flight hardware manufacturing.
The candidate selected for this role will:
Qualifications :Required Education/Experience/Skills:This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Interpret Technical Drawings and use knowledge to setup metal working processes; work holding fixtures, process steps, equipment and tooling selection
- Efficiently write programs on 3, 4 & 5 axis machines in the language of the machine's controller using Mastercam.
- Setup and prove out processes with Machinist on 5 Axis DMG Mori CNC machines.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine work pieces, develops proves development
- Design and manufacture part holding fixtures for High Mix - Low Volume production.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing process issues; fixtures, machine, tooling, etc.
- Work with and provide feedback to various departments and customers.
- Monitor CNC processes and implement proactive solutions; process improvements, line flow, quality, efficiency.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5+ years' CNC programming experience or equivalent secondary education; AAS Machining Technology, BS Degree Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering.
- 10+ years' previous working experience in a metalworking manufacturing setting with a structured quality system.
- Siemens Controller experience a must.
- Excellent verbal communication and written presentation skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in CNC, lathes and mills.
- Strong computer skills and experience in utilizing software tools such as Mastercam, CREO (version 5 preferred), Microsoft Word and Excel, Office, Outlook.
- Experience with aerospace metals manufacturing including aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, Hastelloy, and Inconel.
- Able to make independent, technical and tactical decisions with a high attentiveness to detail.
Why Work for Jacobs?
- 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in CNC, lathes, mills, and sheet metal fabrication.
- Ten years of experience in the field.
- Experience with machining, sheet metal fabrication, welding, and composites manufacturing.
- Experience in Aerospace, Defense or Medical manufacturing environment.
- A working knowledge of the NASA/JSC drawing system JSC 8500.4, the Engineering Drawing Control Center (EDCC) and Design and Data Management System (DDMS).
- Familiarity of quality procedures and documentation for Class 1 Flight Hardware, including material test reports, certificates of compliance, and heat treat and other quality records.
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.