L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps
Job Code: IMS20200604-44043
Job Location: Greenville, TX
The Systems Administrator / DevOps position is an experienced level position concentrating on administration of Linux Client and Server technologies (RHEL, CentOS), requiring hands-on experience of network and server OS infrastructure technologies to include DNS, DHCP, NFS, Kerberos, LDAP, and KickStart. The candidate should have experience using one or more scripting technologies such as sh/bash, csh/tcsh, python, or perl. The candidate should have experience in setup/maintenance of one or more software code repositories such as mercurial, git, svn, or cvs. The candidate should be familiar with setup and support of small networks, to include routing as well as layer 2 and 3 switches. The engineer should have experience with software version management, creation of automated builds on push, revision control methodology, and automated software testing.Qualifications:
Desired Additional Skills
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology. Other degree areas in the STEM sciences will be considered with applicable job experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience or it's equivalency.
- Experience with Linux Kernel Build System
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Tracking and collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Repository and version control tools such as Bitbucket and GitLab
- Build automation tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Gradle, Maven, Ant
- Virtualization software such as Docker, vmWare
- Orchestration service such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Elastic, Zabbix, etc
- Artifact package management such as Artifactory or Nexus
- Configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Linux RHCSA, RHCE, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCA, CISSP, NISPOM, DCID 6/3, CCNA/CCNP.
- Security standards such NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, DISA STIGS
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.