As a Customer Service & Sales Associate, you will be interacting with Hertz rental car customers who come to the counter in order to process their rental. You will not only process customer rentals, but will actively consult with customers on the type of rental they need, including any insurance or ancillary benefits or coverage. This position includes a rewarding compensation and benefits package:
- $11.00 an hour as your base pay
- Overtime hours are compensated at 1.5 times your hourly rate
- Includes full range of medical, dental, vision, 401K benefits offerings
The key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
Essential RequirementsProfessional Experience:
- Effectively communicate and offer ancillary products, services and upgrades to enhance our Gold Plus Rewards customer's travel experience.
- Strong emphasis on selling and revenue maximization on core products such as, but not limited to, options to waive customer's responsibility of damage, fuel options and vehicle upsells.
- Achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team.
- Personally welcome Gold Plus Rewards customers with a pleasant greeting and answer questions in a friendly manner.
- Provide world class customer service to valued Gold Plus Rewards customers by managing the rentals and the exit process, in compliance with Hertz's policies and procedures, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Resolve customer issues and concerns tactfully, using effective customer service techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback to team and engaging in action planning to improve operational performance and customer satisfaction.
- Operate within the areas of rental counter, Gold Choice, and exit gate at the location.
- Maintain appearance appropriate for providing best in class customer service in accordance with established guidelines.
- Keep work area organized and free of clutter.
1- 2 years customer service and/or sales experience required. Basic Qualifications:
Proven strong sales and closing skills and the ability to sell in a friendly, engaging manner
Passion for customer service and attention to detail – Goes the extra mile
A minimum of one year of sales or customer experience in a high volume or service oriented environment
Strong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems
Must be able to:
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply.
- Have the competitive drive and confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment
- Work in a fast pacedenvironment with a variety of tasks. Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate sales, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Proven experience of working well within a team.
- 100% customer focus, with proven experience within a customer facing environment
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Stand or sit for long periods of time
Applicant must possess all hearing, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following such as sitting, standing, speaking, hearing, writing, typing, filing, seeing, and reading. Knowledge of equipment operation such as computer terminal, telephone, calculator, and fax machine is required.
Hertz is a Drug Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background screen and a 4-panel drug screen.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.