The Front Desk Associate
will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym and provide control of the front door location. This position will provide assistance to members' requests along with inquiries about gym operations and policies as well as perform various administrative duties as directed by the Gym General Manager or Operations Supervisor. Responsibilities
- Enthusiastically greets each member and guest promptly using the proper greeting for time of day to create a friendly positive entrance and departure to and from the gym.
- Provides security and control to the front door and retail area of the facility.
- Personally, checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies Gym Operations Supervisor.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate fitness consultant in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone greeting techniques.
- Addresses caller's requests and/or takes appropriate messages noting caller's name.
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the script pad and in the Master Production Binder and transfers the call to the appropriate Fitness Consultants.
- Responsible for following up on telephone inquiries to ensure that the appointment was booked properly.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Distributes keys, towels and other materials as needed.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Responsible for gym walk-thru as designated in walk-thru log.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as instructed in the FDA training manual.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, non-verbally and in writing is required
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs repeatedly and stand for extended periods of time
- Uphold Gold's Gym Vision, Mission, Values and code of conduct
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success.
Gold's Gym is excited to be opening soon in Burlington, NC
We are anticipating a late May 2020 opening.
Compensation: $8.00 -$12.00
Today Gold's Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold's Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold's Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We'll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you'll share in the rewards for your efforts.
Posting ID: 556634360Posted: 2021-01-28Job Title: Desk Associate