Do you enjoy preparing and baking cookies, bread, and muffins using proven ingredients? Does working in a professional kitchen excite you? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley - then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Bakery Clerk!
Overview of Responsibilities
At Sprouts Farmers Market, our Bakery Clerks work in one of the most popular departments in the store. Who doesn't want a hot chocolate chip cookie every so often? As a Bakery Clerk, you will assist the Bakery Manager in preparing, baking, packaging, pricing, and merchandising items such as cakes, pies, rolls, muffins, breads, and other baked goods. You will simultaneously answer questions for our customers while ensuring the cleanliness of bakery aisles, storage areas, and work area for safety. This includes the cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of spills, removing hazardous debris from floor, and sweeping. As a Bakery Clerk, you will maintain clean, safe, and sanitary bakery area and equipment. You will stock, fill, face, and ensure pricing accuracy while examining the rotation of all bakery products and discarding outdated or spoiled items. You will receive, inspect, and log products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality. Our Bakery Department products are second to none. From presentation, to tagging and pricing accuracy, we demand a high level of production and presentation to deliver an outstanding experience for our valued customers. If you're someone who thrives in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you.
Qualifications To be a Bakery Clerk at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a High school diploma or equivalent; with 1-2 years Bakery experience; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior, have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to answer phones and take special orders
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Be able to operate and use knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks as needed. Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift. This role also requires vertically transferring trays up to 5 lbs., from 7" to 64" for up to 10 hours, and vertically/horizontally transferring items up to 40 lbs., from 5" to 36", for a distance up to 36 feet for up to 10 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, while achieving and maintaining a Food Handlers permit.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Minimum essential coverage medical plans
- Voluntary coverage such as short-term disability, hospital indemnity, accident, and critical illness
- Competitive vacation and sick time programs
Why Sprouts Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.