Does overseeing one of the most visited departments in our stores sound exciting? Does managing a "store within a store" sound like its right up your alley? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley - then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as the Dairy Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
The Dairy Manager works individually to manage activities and functions of the Dairy Department to achieve and maximize sales and profits. The Dairy Manger is responsible to give direction to any clerk in the department while overseeing the presentation and sanitation standards of the Dairy Department, on the sales floor and the backroom cooler. The Dairy Manager is also responsible for processing/stocking products according to Sprouts dairy standards, cleaning work areas, providing customer service, unloading stock, and reloading salvage. This position directs the Dairy group to deliver outstanding customer service and provides overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. The Dairy Manager controls inventory to recommended stock levels by using proper ordering techniques to maximize sales and minimize stock loss. The Dairy Manager is also responsible for the proper rotation of products to control freshness and removes out-of-code items and is responsible for price changes within the department. The Dairy Manager conducts or assists with performance appraisals, significant incident reports, corrective action, and other personnel related matters. If you're someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent and while previous management experience in the grocery, dairy, hospitality, or restaurant industry is preferred, you must have a thorough knowledge of dairy department operation and its products.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays. Walking up to 3 miles per 8 hours is expected.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; the ability to take and give direction and participate in a team environment.
- Be able to perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, etc.).
- Be able to vertically/horizontally transferring boxes/crates weighing between 40-60 lbs., from 5" to 72" or from 62" to 9", for a distance up to 10 feet for between 6-50 hours without mechanical assistance, and must use a pallet jack to move product between 500-1000 lbs., requiring a force amid 25-50 lbs., for a distance between 15-50 feet for between 5-50 hours.
- Be able to repetitively bend/squat to access a point 5 inches from the floor for up to 30 hours. This role also requires standing continuously for up to 3, for a total of 8 hours per shift. Walking up to 3 miles per 8 hours is expected.
- Be able to inspect all perishable and non-perishable products and supplies upon delivery; verify all deliveries against invoices, notes any shortages or overages, and reports them to the appropriate personnel.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Why Sprouts Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.