Job Introduction Do you enjoy preparing and baking cookies, bread, and muffins using proven ingredients? Does working in a professional kitchen excite you? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley - then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Bakery Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
At Sprouts Farmers Market, the Bakery Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the Bakery Department. In addition to managing the daily output baking, production, and display of bakery products, you will be focused on reducing costs, hiring, and training new employees. You will also be supervising, monitoring product quality and consistency, tracking inventory, and managing the bakery's budget. You will evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement, reinforce strengths, and develop improved practices and procedures. As the Bakery Manager, you ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, and productivity are maintained. You will be sure that correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays is taking place. The Bakery Manager is also responsible for managing department inventory, instocks, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to Sprouts standards. In the role of Bakery Manager, you plan and order according to company standards to maximize sales and gross profit. You will hire, supervise, train, and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures; including administering performance reviews and corrective actions.
Qualifications To be a Bakery Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age with a minimum of 2 years' retail grocery experience.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to give and take direction participating in a team environment.
- Be able to answer phones and take special orders.
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Be able to operate and use knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks as needed. Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh and label products.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours continuously, for a total of 8 hours per shift. This role also requires vertically transferring tray up to 5 lbs., from 7" to 64" for up to 10 hours, and vertically/horizontally transferring items up to 40 lbs., from 5" to 36", for a distance up to 36 feet for up to 10 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations, and achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Why Sprouts Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.