Job Introduction Are you the person that can handle heavy loads? Do you enjoy overseeing a prominent department visited by hundreds of customers a week? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley - then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Bulk Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
The Bulk Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market is responsible for overseeing the maintenance, packing, and stocking of all bulk foods featured at Sprouts. As the Bulk Manager, you will be responsible for following the merchandising Bulk plan, and ensuring your team is properly packaging and scaling bulk items, filling bulk bins, as well as preparing, wrapping, and pricing bulk packages accurately and legibly. You will order and maintain inventory, rotate product using code dates, and follow the company's cleaning and sanitation program. As the Bulk Manager, you will oversee the department's compliance with all company and governmental safety, health, Weights & Measures and COOL compliance regulations. You will be the one responsible to communicate standards, expectations, policy changes, and product knowledge to your staff. The Bulk Manager is also responsible for providing a high level of customer service; making sure Bulk items are properly prepared, packaged and presented, and the Bulk area is clean and orderly at all times. In this role you will also receive, unload, and stock merchandise as needed throughout the day. If you are someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
Qualifications To be a Bulk Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have 1- 2 years of experience in a retail grocery environment and 1 year manageria l/ leadership experience.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays
- Be able to maintain a positive work environment, provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service, and maintain a presentable and tidy bulk department at all times; has the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback and perform repetitious activities
- Be expected to know weekly ad items; and be able to give customers direction of product location throughout the store; does general housekeeping in the department
- Be able to move vertically/horizontally transferring product weighing up to 50 lbs., from 4" to 36", for a distance up to 4 feet for up to 15 hours without mechanical assistance. This role requires continuous standing for up to 4 hours, for a total of 8 hours per shift,
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Why Sprouts Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.