Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield , Eckrich , Nathan's Famous , Farmland , Armour , Farmer John , Kretschmar , John Morrell , Cook's , Gwaltney , Carando , Margherita , Curly's , Healthy Ones , Morliny , Krakus , and Berlinki . Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The Wave Planner is responsible for allocating orders, releasing work to the warehouse floor, balancing workflow, and ensuring inbound and outbound truck turn times are within acceptable levels to meet customer needs. Assigns and monitors the work including staging, wave times and pick assignments for various teammates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Assigns and monitors distribution including staging, wave times and pick assignments for various teammates. Balance drop dead times versus product availability.
- Ensures proper order allocation by shipment ID or shipment line depending on the load.
- Prepares trailer loading reports for all outbound loads, organizes/prioritizes the paperwork to each loader as they complete loads.
- Prioritizes any inbound loads, notifying receivers if necessary.
- Receives completed paperwork for both inbounds and outbound loads with discrepancies and finishes appointments.
- Checks for any shorts that can be filled or were cut unnecessarily and any other special requests before closing out the trucks.
- Determines which doors or yard locations trailers should be positioned.
- Observes priorities of all work and manages priorities of live loads, to make sure we have prioritization of work and loads in the queue.
- Responsible for escalating any system problems.
- Assists co-workers with questions regarding picking issues.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of warehouse or distribution related experience and/or training, required.
- Previous experience working in a distribution center or warehouse environment where processing of customer orders was completed, preferred.
- Computer skills including experience with a Warehouse Management system, Microsoft Office, SAP and other office equipment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced setting, managing multiple priorities and effectively work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- May be required to work long hours, holidays and weekends.
Work Environment & Physical Demands The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The working environment will include extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical equipment such as forklifts/hi-lifts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the loading areas.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand, use hands and/or fingers to grasp, handle, feel, reach and pull; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits